Electrical Technician (Licensed Electrical Worker, LEW)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 11-Dec-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Provide technical support to the day-to-day operations of the Engineering & Site Services department especially in the electrical related facility & ancillaries field and machinery which include troubleshooting, maintenance, productivity saving & project activities.
- Regularly daily recording of factory metering for facilities and utility service usage and highlight any usage abnormalities to line supervisor or site facilities manager.
- Executing and resolving day-to-day operations issues and continually improve work efficiency also include all electrical troubleshooting and maintenance activities and relevant project works including project activities planning and proposals.
- Ensure a safe working environment and equipment operated in compliance to statutory regulations.
- Ensure all technical assignments are completed within the timeline and defined budgets.
- Proper execution of day-to-day maintenance activities to ensure all facilities & ancillaries operations including building facilities are able to deliver the required services OTIF with quality utilities/ancillaries services to meet production requirements. E.g. HVAC mechanical operations, Central Air Scrubber Processing & Waste Water Treatment plant, Central Air Compressor & Vacuum Pumps, Central Chiller Plants and Cooling Towers, General Building & Ground maintenance, Sanitary, sewage and drainage systems, Office furniture, Facility cleaning and waste disposal management.
- Ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance activities are carried out for ancillary equipment – boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, air scrubbers control system, air-conditioning system.
- Promptly attend to technical service requests and machine breakdowns.
- Ensure a safe working environment and equipment operated in compliance with statutory regulations.
- Provide technical support as and when required, including completing daily facilities requests.
- Supervise vendors and contractors for electrical related facilities.
- Work closely with line supervisor/manager for all electrical parts and services purchases.
- Provide Facilities technical support as and when required, including completing daily facilities requests and assisting with the building expansion projects.
- To ensure all technical assignments are completed within the timeline and defined budgets.
- Ensure timely execution of central ancillary system maintenance activities to ensure zero un-plan downtime.
- Ensure EHS policy compliance for all works undertaken including contractors.
- Posses the Electrical Technician Licensed for his work (LEW).
- Knowledge & 5 years work experience in electrical engineering field especially in the electrical power supply and distribution systems is a must.
- Familiarized with the basic regulations for electrical installations and the applicable code of practices.
- Workplace Safety & Health related matters.
- Possessing WAH Worker Certificate and Scissor Lift Licensed Driver is an added advantage.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus