POSITION: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / RENTS PAYMENT ANALYST
JOB SUMMARY: Working under close supervision, conducts and documents simple to moderate standard financial analysis and ad hoc finance projects. Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the assigned region including acting as a team lead including providing work flow direction to co-workers and providing account supervision. Ensures data integrity and accuracy by performing quality control review in portfolio of work completed by team members.
- Reviews and validates client rent rolls, export files and writes narratives for monthly variance reports, providing analysis and interpretation of lease information before sending to client for final approval.
- Be informed by client on upcoming critical dates and copied on the critical dates report for tracking important dates and tasks.
- Perform and/or review annual operating expense reconciliations, monitors audit windows and audit requirements contained in the lease documents
- Serve as regional point of contact for inquiries and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for region-specific training and policies.
- Serve as the first point of escalation contact and resolution. Resolves critical issues for clients resolving payment issues by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items. Will direct further unresolved escalations to Management per internal escalation process.
- Will own the Landlord/Tenant relationship including liaising with the Landlord in various forms of communication such as email correspondence, contacting Landlord by phone and following internal escalation process.
- Cross-checks and reviews work of peers to ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- May conduct financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, Tax, Cash, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned like:
- Security deposit point of escalation and resolution.
- Participate in identifying client savings including training for co-worker or team member
- Prepares invoices for subtenants, reconciles subtenant accounts, reviews incoming invoices for errors/accuracy with lease document and ensures correct coding. Reviews profit center reports for accuracy.
- Special Projects may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field. Some prior related work experience preferred but not required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information to supervisors and finance management
FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE: Requires knowledge of basic financial terms, concepts and accounting principles.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret financial information and the ability to
accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Strong work ethic and adaptable.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY :Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.