EOI: Legal Counsel, Thailand
Date published: 3-Apr-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The candidate will be responsible for and oversee the legal affairs of CBRE Thailand’s operations and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel for Southeast Asia, based in Singapore.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the interests of CBRE Thailand (the “Company”)
- Providing legal support in the day to day operations of the Company in the areas of corporate governance and legal issues arising out of the Company’s operations, company secretarial matters and managing relationships with major stakeholders.
- Leadership role in managing execution of transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assessing, evaluation and advising management team and staff of legal exposures and risks facing the Company and to develop plans and strategies to restrict and control the risks as appropriate, in line with corporate policies.
- Leadership role in assisting the internal stakeholders in negotiating and finalizing commercial agreements with clients.
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel on a wide range of legal matters.
- Advising, co-ordinating and strategizing company’ legal position in cases of litigation and arbitration.
- Assist in the preparation of standard checklists, templates and policies.
- Assist in the preparation of in-house training materials and training.
- Keeping abreast of law developments that are relevant to the Company.
- Any other ad hoc legal and administrative requests as assigned.
To be successful in the role, you should possess the professional requirements and attributes
- Qualified Thai lawyer and ideally admitted to practice in the US or a common law jurisdiction.
- Solid commercial law experience.
- A minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience.
- Experience gained from reputable international law firms
- Previous US MNC experience preferred.
- Independent, ability to multi-task, work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player, self-driven, results oriented and have good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Real estate transactions experience or having a strong interest in real estate services industry preferred