EOI: Leasing Manager (Retail)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 22-Feb-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Leasing Manager will lead a team of Leasing Executives with specific responsibilities for the leasing, marketing and lease management activities of the shopping mall including implementing strategies to maximise rental and occupancy within the retail mall. He / she will report to Centre General Manager to meet the leasing objectives of this property.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Plan and implement tenancy & trade mix for a retail mall to enhance the image and maximize rental income
- Formulate, develop and implement marketing strategies and lease enhancement/incentives program
- Prepare annual budget and detailed retail plan with credible forecasts for renewals & vacancies
- Monitor all terms of current leases including meeting and evaluating suitable prospects/concepts for vacant/potentially vacant unit/s;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of retailers, new trends, current competing & new retail developments and all macro/micro data affecting the retail sector
- Conduct market and competitor analysis
- Develop strong relationships with a network of retailers and source for new to market concepts
- Establish good landlord and tenant relations, liaising with authorities on tenancy issues
- Enforcing tenants’ covenants and establish rapport with solicitors on all legal matters
- Oversee and assist the Leasing team in relation to Tenancy Matters, such as
- Ensure timely and proper documentation, administration of leases and all correspondences
- Update tenancy schedules and timely submission of monthly report to client
- Execution of the handover/ takeover of premises during the commencement/ expiry of tenancies.
- Monitor tenant fit-out works to ensure quality control and compliance to clients’ fit-out regulations
- Vetting and submission of recommendations where appropriate, on tenants fitting out works.
- Monitor rental payments to ensure timely settlement by tenants and to initiate necessary action to recover any arrears
- Recovery of arrears of other charges and institute legal proceedings where necessary
- Ensure tenants’ timely submission of monthly gross turnover, audited statements and other necessary documentations
- Handle feedback/enquiries from tenants or prospects/public and inter-departments updates
- Responsible for tenant management which includes maintaining tenants’ contact, working through solutions to meet requests, visit tenants on a regular basis, plan and implement customer care programs and events
To be successful in this role, you need to have at least 8 – 10 years of experience, with 3 - 5 years of retail leasing experience in a shopping mall. If you have a CEA license, this is a strong advantage. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with landlord, tenants and the shopping mall and essential to lead your team to deliver our leasing objective.