Digital Learning & Development Designer/Developer, GWS
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 6-May-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Develop and produce cutting edge learning experiences using digital mediums like web, video and animation to produce engaging and memorable learning experiences.
- Apply UI/UX design principles, bringing digital experiences to life across various devices, products, and platforms.
- Collaborate with and be a technical partner to L&D colleagues, Shared Service centre (SSC) and subject-matter experts (SMEs) to determine the most appropriate training solution and then in close collaboration, design engaging learning journeys with compelling course content, activities and assessments that enhance retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Responsible for managing the complete eLearning development lifecycle from conception to producing online learning modules including storyboards, scripts, reviews, build, QA and QC testing, and deployment/packaging, in partnership with required resources where needed eg SSC, L&D Manager, SME’s.
- Ensure that deliverables are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive.
- Convert existing training materials that use conventional training delivery methodology (ie. classroom-based and trainer-led) into blended learning to enhance audience engagement and learning outcomes.
- Apply adult learning theories in the creation of e-learning and blended learning solutions.
- Assess overall effectiveness of written scripts and suggest revision to improve presentation and/or engagement, ensuring all deliverables meet the highest standards.
- Research learning industry trends, methodologies, and best practices and integrates those into professional practice.
- Drive digital learning and development best practice, standardized methodologies, and other levers to drive process quality and consistency and efficiencies across the region.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts by recommending process improvements and curriculum enhancements and managing refreshing of existing content as required.
- Representing the GWS APAC L&D on enterprise-wide group digital initiatives.
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing and implementing multimedia training curriculums.
- Relevant education and certifications in Design, Web, Digital animation, Instructional design or similar disciplines.
- Visual & graphic design skills to transform content into an engaging and interactive learning experience.
- Possess a core understanding of UI/UX design principles.
- Authoring tool proficiency is critical.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly developed planning and organizing skills. Ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritizing, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
- Is very articulate, communicative and open - happy communicating ideas and decisions across a highly matrixed environment.
- Have a proficient understanding of eLearning, interactive, and educational games.
- Preferably has experience storyboarding and developing scripts.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing, highly complex matrixed environment.
- Strong consultancy and stakeholder management skills to determine the best approach
- Awareness of Instructional design principles so that you know how to craft a great learning experience.
- Have a good understanding of the technologies related to course design and delivery so that you build a course appropriate to the technology available in the organization and by the user.
- Assures that all new content creation and learning programs are consistently administered in compliance with LMS governance guidelines.