Data Center CE Shift Technician
Date published: 18-Oct-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Train in the operation, fact finding and troubleshoot of all critical facility systems across the Singapore site. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring, Fire and Controls.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) and ensure that all monitoring System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Have full overview & awareness of all activities and, in conjunction with the CE Day Team and CEM, will prioritize these activities.
- Assist the CE Day Team in the shutting down/startups of equipment as per site operational procedures to support all PM/CM activities (MOP) carried out by the PM Team or Vendors.
- Complete all your shift team’s scheduled PMs/Corrective maintenance or any scheduled.
- Works via CMMS in a timely manner to achieve 100% PM compliance.
- Situational awareness monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Be the First response to fire alerts, equipment alarms and facility events.
- Fully conversant with the facility Emergency Response Plan, CE EOPs, and act as the
- FOC liaison with the SOC during site emergencies.
- After failures internal and external to the facility, use EOP’s to ensure site and personnel safety is maintained.
- Provide detailed reports for any/all incidents on site during your shift.
- Ensure all CE notifications (SEV’s etc.) are up to date during your shift and then closed out correctly as required when the task is completed.
- Use CMMS to report all facility related tasks.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain. As required escort third party vendor to work locations and ensure area is safe to perform work.
- Review subcontractor method statements, risk assessments and MSDS to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures prior to you or your shift team issuing permit to works.
- Carry out vendor inspections during your shift, checking/monitoring quality of work, review data/service reports to include all break/fix, P.M.’s and project work on site.
- Author, peer review, approve or carry out periodic reviews of all Operational.
- Documentation (like EOP’s, Drills etc.) as issued by the CE Operation & QA Analyst.
- Update and log all activities/time on CMMS. Ensure you update & record your time/activities on CMMS.
- Provide details for the daily Shift Handover report.
- Carry out drills & complete tool box talks as per KPI tracker.
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process.
- Follow up & close out any open hazards that are assigned to you or your team.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain.
- Ensure that the FOC and CE work areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure you wear the CBRE uniform including appropriate PPE as issued at all times.
- Take initiative to provide suggestion for improvement and implementation of the improvement action plan.
- Support IT device deployment as assigned such as installation of tap of unit, moving, positioning and baying of rack, earth cable installation, cable management, capacity management, door kit installation, power validation, etc.
- Have relevant engineering discipline and verifiable additional training.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading. Previous data centre (or similar lab) experience - desirable.
- A strong understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data Center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers and cooling towers, Air handling units, CRAC/CCAH units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Added advantage experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data Centre infrastructure.
- Experience of medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment.
- A team player with strong oral and written communication skills, communicate effectively internally and externally with the client and with contractors.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics.
- Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Organized and self-motivated.