Critical Services Manager (APAC)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 4-Mar-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This position is responsible for the strategic management of the client’s critical environment infrastructure and practical delivery of best in class operational standards resulting in an excellent engineering service provision across their APAC region. Operational management of CBRE’s specialist M&E Supply Chain and OEM’s in order to deliver a best in class service with the ultimate objective of meeting the Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements targets across APAC countries.
- Responsible for all engineering matters in the APAC region.
- Provide support to the Global Engineering Lead/Account Director, providing tactical and operational delivery reports as well as Supply Partner management and direction across the region as required.
- Directly supervise sub-region engineering leads (Northasia / India & SEAA) to ensure effective, timely and complete delivery of the service provider’s deliverables in accordance to the service level agreement and contract.
- Manage regional incident and escalation, lead engineering problem solving, fault finding and root cause analysis for the region acting as the primary interface with the client, local vendor partner, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure regional adherence and consistency to corporate standards for the maintenance and operation of critical infrastructure, change controls procedures, incident management and other relevant policies and procedures
- Conduct regular reviews of existing operations to ensure maintenance and operating standards and environments are adequate for each facility. Implement the standards for inspection and audit protocols for the improvement and/or maintenance of operational delivery.
- Support all internal and external audits of critical systems environments, participate in the audit process in providing the relevant documentation, site attendance, audit meetings, liaising with client to response to audit queries and ensure the gaps identified are closed in a timely manner.
- Provide financial oversight including review engineering capital budgets, ensure effective management of the Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) cost, providing budget variance reports and assisting with annual reconciliations.
- Support the management of compliance with in country legislation in terms of statutory maintenance, health, safety and environmental management
- Ensure planned preventative and corrective maintenance activities are delivered to plan, on time and within budget, with particular emphasis on critical maintenance, fire impairment policies, work authorisation and permit process. Leverage on CMMS tool to ensure all maintenance activities are logged/scheduled, track, complete and close on time in accordance to the priority and criticality.
- Manages and approves all repair, operating and maintenance contracts within delegated contracting and signing authority and manages supplier and service contract performance,
- Performs additional job duties as requested,
- Position requires travelling within the APAC region
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent client relationship skills,
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience in change control and engineering planning tools and processes
- Strong financial control to maintain cost within budget
- Relevant experience managing an engineering service delivery across multiple remote and culturally different locations.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering Studies preferable with Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of ten years post training experience, five years of which in maintaining critical engineering environments.
- Member of an Engineering related professional institutions i.e. ASHRAE/CIBSE/IEE.
- Good knowledge in Health & Safety requirement, preferable with relevant HSE qualification.