Country HSE Manager
Date published: 27-Sep-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to implement and manage HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) programs relative to a large national/international corporate account or market area i.e. country
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs for a country and client account(s).
- Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
- Monitors injury, illness, and incident related performance within the account, market area, or other assigned area of responsibility.
- Monitors performance for trends or other indicators of improving or degrading incident performance and develops and implements strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Oversees HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the account, market area, or assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures information is current, complete and effectively implemented.
- Monitors HSE (Health and Safety and Environmental) regulatory compliance within the account, market area, or assigned area of responsibility.
- Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Assists in identifying in opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services for a client/account.
- Promotes safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data, conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback, on safety suggestions and visibly supporting the safety program(s).
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.