Country Compliance Officer
Selangor , Malaysia
Date published: 27-Sep-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Primary Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for managing the full range of matters related to compliance, governance, risk, investigations, and compliance training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the regulatory compliance program, e.g. Anti-money Laundering, Personal Data Protection, Document Retention etc.;
- Lead and conduct monthly Anti-Corruption Monitoring Activities;
- Verify the Proper Completion of the FCPA Certification Quarterly;
- Execute periodic compliance audit program;
- Initiate and drive Compliance Review Board meetings with management team;
- Initiate and support policy developments and enhancement;
- Keep key stakeholders updated on regulatory requirements or changes and ensure compliance;
- Prepare monthly Compliance Reporting;
- Promote compliance culture and risk awareness across different levels of staff and to promote an open environment for raising concerns;
- Drive best practices, operational excellence and process improvements;
2. Risk Identification, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to business units on a broad range of risks that are or may affect the company, and monitor the process in managing risk mitigation plans;
- Drive the Annual Risk Assessment program and policies towards ensuring that risks and potential red flags are assessed and managed to an acceptable risk level;
- Lead and manage investigations in accordance with the Company’s Investigations Policy.
- Write investigation reports, provide guidance to stakeholders concerned in regard to the follow-up actions, and monitor the closure of follow-up actions.
4. Merger and Acquisition (M&A)
- Manage Compliance Due Diligence for any M&A activities.
- Manage post-acquisition compliance integration activities including, but not limited to, training, policies and procedures, and relevant monitoring programs.
5. Training and Education
- Conduct new employee orientation trainings on the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct, Anti-Corruption and other compliance related topics;
- Prepare relevant trainings materials as required;
- Develop an annual compliance training calendar in line with Annual Compliance Risk Profile;
- Partner with local HR to ensure timely completion of the compliance training by all employees in the respective countries responsible.
- Other projects and tasks as required from time to time;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding of FCPA, Anti-corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer Due Diligence, Data Privacy issues and other regulatory requirements.
- Fraud, Forensic or Internal Audit experience in multinational companies. Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Hand on experience in audit, investigation, training, policy development and process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and preferably in a second or third language, such as Malay.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and report writing skills.
- Attention to details
- Understanding of local labour laws and experience in the real estate industry is preferred.