Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 20-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Primary Purpose of the Role
Working in partnership with the Business and Functional leaders, the role is responsible for in managing the full range of matters related to AML compliance for New Zealand and Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ownership of the AML Compliance Program
- Timely answers and responses (within 24 hours) to questions from business lines on AML requirements.
- Customer Due Diligence against relevant sanctions lists using third party screening tool.
- Review of matches and investigation.
- 24 response time on all new customer onboarding – either approval to onboard or need for additional information.
- Sound judgement whether to onboard a new customer in the absence of conclusive evidence of false positive hits.
- Resolve conflict with brokers insisting on onboarding new customers when not all required documents have been provided.
- Record Management.
- Weekly monitoring of program for any possible procedure violations.
- Investigation of possible program violations.
- Upkeep and enhancement of relevant procedures documents, training content and communications/education to relevant teams.
- Partner with local HR to ensure timely completion of the compliance training by all employees in the respective countries responsible.
- Prepare annual reports to relevant regulator.
- Prepare quarterly local reports to relevant committees.
- Support the conduct risk assessments of the AML compliance program as required.
- Prepare updates on regulatory requirements or changes to key stakeholders and ensure compliance.
- Promote ethical and compliance culture and risk awareness across different levels of staff and to promote an open environment for raising concerns.
- Drive best practices, operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Other projects and tasks as required from time to time to support other compliance programs for the Pacific region.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of AML laws, compliance risks and mitigation strategies.
- Hands on experience in audit, investigation, training, policy development and process improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and report writing skills.
- Highly independent and good attention to detail.
- Experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
- Experience in using due diligence screening software.
- Compliance, Risk or Internal Audit experience AML certification desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.