Change Manager - Global Workplace Solutions
Date published: 15-Oct-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At the early/inception stage, FW manager will be informed and consulted by the strategy and project management team to provide all relevant information for the development of Project Execution Document (PED). During the implementation stage, FW manager will support alignment with business and project team, oversee workplace assessment, change management activities including ITO & FM alignment and engagement.
FW manager should be the first regional point of contact when country team reach out for FW related matters and questions. He or she will be familiar with the latest development of property FW toolkit and collaterals and able to provide feedback and regional inputs to help evolve the FW programme. Oversight and guidance will be provided at a Group level from the Global FW COE along with best practice toolkits to support their success.
Apart from maintaining the monthly regional Flexible Working Programme tracker, the core responsibility of the individual falls into 3 key areas:
Workplace Assessment and Design Translation
- Thoroughly understand the following core workplace assessment activities -the methodology, task breakdown, desired outcomes
- ITO Audit
- Storage Audit
- Focus Group Workshop
- Leadership Interview
- Online Staff Survey
- Space Utilization Study (SUS)
- Familiar with business functions in the region and able to advise on scope of assessment activities, induct variable consultancy workplace team, oversee quality and timely delivery
- Able to lead and execute in-house FW activities when capacity allows
- Work with project management (PM) teams to ensure all workplace activities are integrated into overall project plan with clear check points/milestones
- Partner with regional and country HR and ITO teams to deliver integrated FW solutions (e.g. Accountable for cross-function initiatives like HR FW practices, right start programme, ITO end user experience etc.)
- Build and maintain relationship with business – able to identify FW opportunities and develop an effective action plan to execute
- Engage and align with business stakeholder on FW vision, obtain visible and vocal business sponsorship
- Ensure workplace assessment findings are appropriately interpreted and translated into design (collaboration with the Regional Design Manager(RDM))
- Provide needed support for development of Project Execution Document(PED) – informed and consulted
Support development of country frontline capability
- Fully understand Flexible Working is an integrated Solutions delivered in partnership with HR and ITO (not “one size fits all”) and able to articulate a meaning FW story for different business function to promote the flexible working solution to property and business stakeholders in an influential manner. Partner with Regional Head of Property and Regional Head of Workplace.
- Familiar with change management framework – awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, reinforcement, and able to lead the (local) tactical delivery for small projects, and partner with variable team for major/capital projects.
- Able to interpret workplace assessment findings to evaluate change readiness, advise on a tailored change engagement and communication plan. Oversight on execution of the programme.
- Identifying potential risks and support on managing resistance
- Continuously educate, train and guide senior leaders and executives on how to fulfill their role as change sponsors, as well as Change Champions on how to ensure their teams operate in the new environment
- Support COE to continuously develop front line capability (i.e. support FW ambassador training, sharing best practices, available resources and tools etc)
- Align with Facility Management (FM) team and ensure the operation team understand FW and the desired user experience
- Provide guidance on FM mobilisation/preparation for operating FW workplace and deliver desired experience
- Ensure FM alignment, engagement, BAU handover are appropriately integrated into overall project plan
- Work with FM team to ensure that change is sustained on an ongoing basis – after variable teams depart
- Lead to take lessons learned from regional FW implementation and provide effective feedback to Workplace Solution COE. Support continuous development of FW programme