Business Development Director, Data Center Solutions - APAC (Paya Lebar)
Date published: 1-Jul-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for developing, defining and driving the growth within the CBRE Data Center Solutions APAC market by winning new business from both new and existing customers. Working as part of the APAC Regional Leadership team to develop and document the overall market growth plan including strategy, targeting approach, contact strategy and develop suitable value propositions to acquire new relationships and expand existing client relationships.
- Lead the APAC growth strategy in the data center market in conjunction with the global growth objectives for the business
- Manage and develop the Business Development Managers (BDM’s) to ensure they have the appropriate training and development opportunities to fulfil their role and are given the experiences to allow them to be successful.
- Oversee the BDM/ sales team efforts to identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
- Lead sales strategy and negotiations on key regional and global pursuits.
- Leading on interactions in a client-facing role in large, global pursuits.
- Developing and building long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
- Foster a positive and successful sales culture across all business units in the APAC region.
- Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with CBRE Data Center Solutions standards. Effectively leverage the sales support functions and SME resources to create winning outcomes.
- Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
- Collaborates with the Regional MD and other global BDD’s to develop a concise plan to accomplish the retention and acquisition of clients/markets
- Coordination and governance of sales activity throughout the sales process including qualification, discovery, proposal, pricing presentation and negotiation.
- Evaluates industry and business trends and analyzes performance and responds with necessary business change.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven strategic sales /business development experience from a relevant background
- A strong track record of success in winning new business, demonstrated knowledge of the Data Center market, and the ability to influence all organizational levels - including the ability to develop credibility and trust quickly with C-Level executives/decision makers.
- Leadership experience in building high performing sales teams that consistently outperform the competition and exceed sales plan results.
- Extensive experience in the data center market and developing outsourcing solutions, pricing and org development models preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of business documents such as complex and lengthy RFP documents with detailed SOW around data center operations.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook.
- Experienced in making decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results.
- Previously responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel across regions as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of customer focus and promote a sense of team spirit