Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 24-Apr-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Train in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems. Areas include Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control. Progress to a certified tech within 6 months.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) as instructed by the SLE and ensure that BMS, Chiller control system and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain.
- Ensure that the FOC, library, FAC Stores & FAC Workshop are clean and tidy at all times.
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, Aps and EOP Drills.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, environmental and energy policies within the CE domain.
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process.
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting (AIR) process.
- Create work orders (WO) from Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and ensure that vendor follow through to carry out and complete the WO and submit with the relevant service reports.
- Help to generate a weekly report from CMMS to track on outstanding and ongoing WO.
- Help top receives an arrangement of storage of CE spares, updating of CE Spares Stock List.
- Assist the critical facility manager to ensure the Data Centre operations meet energy & water efficiency criteria in compliance with Greenmark, ISO50001, SS564 certifications.
- Technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (with 5 years working experience in Critical Environment).
- An strong understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experienced in complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Experienced in low & medium voltage distribution systems and associated switchgear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc).
- Have training and experience using Microsoft Share point
- Willingness to work shift and to provide emergency cover as and when required.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Experience with Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Organized and able to effectively prioritize and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player, able to work with the team and clients staff of all levels.
- Willing to work on shift.