Building Engineer, East - Changi Business Park (5.5 Work day alternate Sat)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 16-Sep-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Job Summary / Purpose:
To support the Site Technical lead in the management all Engineering related systems (Electrical and Mechanical) including maintenance, governance, projects upgrades and replacements. The role will also support management and reporting of Energy/Water/Environmental consumption for the account as well as manage consultants for new and replacement equipment to meet minimum standards of the bank. The role will manage day to day operations of the Engineering teams including vendor management and any self delivery technical and handyman teams. This role is also expected to support and provide leadership and best practices to other account disciplines such as Health & Safety, Security
- Responsible for managing day to day operations and following processes and procedures for Data Centre SLAs in compliance with legislation and meeting industry ‘best practice’
- Monitoring Maintenance Management Strategies to ensure alignment with Client’s objectives, especially in terms of business continuity
- Ensures all Statutory and non-Statutory PPM’s are achieved within the month they fall due.
- Ensures all reactive Engineering related work orders are responded and completed in line with commitments
- Follows processes to assure continuity of critical systems & resilience robustness and mitigation strategies
- Follows the overall Asset Maintenance Strategy
- Supports Site Technical Lead to respond to critical engineering failure
- Supports detailed factual and technical incident reports for submission
- Manages in the Country best practice on Data Centre Operations and innovation is applied where appropriate.
- Carry out regular management audit review of critical services in country on specific compliance requirements
- Supports in the development of local country energy and environmental programmes and reporting.
- Owning the service delivery measurement process
- Managing key supplier and client relationships
- Develop and manage technical team with appropriate skills/training to meet client requirements
- Manage the cost-effective procurement of all engineering maintenance services
- Manage forward maintenance plans that track asset condition and projected maintenance costs on a 5 year rolling basis
- To act in the capacity of Site Technical Lead during any absence of a Site Technical Lead
- Work order management, to ensure actual work completion is accurately reflected in the system.
- Supports Site Technical Lead to respond to critical engineering failure which affects Standard Chartered Bank business in the portfolio
- Ensuring all Engineering maintenance documentation/records are kept in clearly identified and retrievable systems
- Advise the Facilities Management Teams of changes in critical environment requirements
- Provide technical advice and statutory compliance to the site maintenance teams and their clients to promote best in class service / best practice.
- Assist in the delivery of a cost-effective site maintenance plans.
- Support business development in the generation of fully costed maintenance solutions
- Provide advice and direction in the management of site based multi-skilled maintenance teams, this to include effective hiring, motivation, development, training and discipline
- Advise of changes in maintenance techniques that may be beneficial in terms of improved service levels or provide cost reduction
- Responsible for managing technical maintenance services and critical environment services
- Responsible for the consistency in delivery of technical services for Standard Chartered in the Country
- Engineering degree preferred or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a related environment
- Experience in managing Critical Environments
- Previous experience in managing the delivery of technical services
- Managing projects in occupied data centre environments
- Well-rounded knowledge base in facilities management, energy and sustainability, workplace utilization, and / or infrastructure management
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills