Associate HR Director
Hong Kong Island , Hong Kong
Date published: 19-Apr-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Provides HR leadership for a designated region through the implementation and interpretation of policies and programs, coordination of information flow and marketing of HR strategy.
- Links overall HR strategy into business plans for all lines of business within assigned geographic region/functional area. Understands the business and is closely aligned with the business leaders.
- Provides direction and leadership to assigned HR staff.
- Identifies and manages employment related risks, including litigation and investigations in accordance with government regulations and company policy.
- Conducts employee relations counseling, mediation and handles employee grievances.
- Partners with HR's Centers of Excellence to implement all HR initiatives within assigned region/functional area, including delivery of training programs.
- Provides transition support in conjunction with outsourcing services contracts and mergers and acquisitions.
- Consults with senior management regarding all talent management activities, including succession planning and career pathing activities (including staffing needs and assessments, compensation, performance management, employee relations, policy compliance, training, etc) for their respective employee populations.
- Strives for greater efficiency of human resources services through the recommendation of new approaches to established, policies, procedures and programs.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university and a minimum of 7 to 10 years of related experience.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS : Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret business related documents and offer strong business solutions to clients. Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, consultative and exceptional customer service skills and the ability to problem solve. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management. Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients and/or management. Ability to motivate employees and client groups to take desired action.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required. Knowledge of PeopleSoft.