Assistant Project Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 1-Mar-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to lead individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists; Conducts simple request for proposals; completes bid analysis with management support. Recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically smaller team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensures project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule. Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure Client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk with management support.
- Implements standard risk management routines with management support, to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University and/or equivalent related experience.
- Prior Project Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles and conducts basic financial analysis.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful. Knowledge of leases, contracts, and construction practices preferred
*This is a 1-year contract role with renewable option