Asset Management & Risk Compliance Performance Lead
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 2-Aug-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
As a key member of the AM Global Leadership team, the purpose of this role is to drive consistent & ethical behaviour and champion a strong risk management culture across all regions and countries, that is aligned with the CBRE and Client’s policies and processes.
Acting as key point of contact for all governance and performance related activities on the account for AM team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Risk and Compliance
- Manage the compliance program for the AM function aligned with the clients Enterprise Risk Management framework. This program should include but not be limited to regular risk assessment, monitoring activities of controls and communication plans etc.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Bank’s Risk and Compliance team for AM activities.
- Recommend, implement and lead initiatives that impact on the longer-term risk management effectiveness and/or response to changing local/international regulations.
- Actively identify current and future operational and business risks within the AM workstream and seek to build agility within the team to foresee, manage and adapt to these risks and any changes in the operating environment.
Assurance & Audit
- Together with the Global Lead manage the schedule of quality assurance activities for AM including but not limited to Control Reviews and Control Sample Testing, across all markets.
- Support and work with Operational Risk/Group Internal Audit on peer reviews and internal audits as required
- Together with the Global Lead perform contractual assurance against the MSA to validate that CBRE can evidence full compliance with the MSA.
- Actively support the use of the root cause analysis tools across the AM team and assist with investigations jointly with CBRE Legal/Compliance and / or Clients team function as and when required.
- Review and periodically update Asset Management compliance related documents, including Playbooks and other risk management process/procedures.
- Provide regular training to members of the Asset Management team on their compliance responsibilities.
Performance Management and Governance
- Utilising CBRE’s tools and leveraging the support of ISC monitor, review and provide regular reporting on the AM team’s performance against Account Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure adherence to MSA requirements related to performance management and governance.
- Consistently drive continuous improvement with regards to performance management, data management and governance.
- Support the AM leadership through optimising and un-leasing the potential of the integrated account model by harnessing the power of the Shared Services teams across the regions.
- Provide guidance, training and coaching to the compliance team in delivery of responsibilities including but not limited to Control Sample Testing (CST), Control Review (CR), issue tracking and resolution management, SharePoint access management, Quarterly escalations/certifications, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) tracking and other Shared Service /back-office support as required.
- Background – Finance/Business Administration or similar degree with good understanding of Lease Administration, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Operational Experience – Minimum 7-10 years
- Excellent understanding of root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions
- Apply technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment to analyse data and present actionable information
- Individual must be results driven, have attention to detail, has passion to learn, drive best practices and continuous improvement, and skilled at diplomatically breaking down barriers and obstacles
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
- Good interpersonal, stakeholder management and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy with Excel spreadsheets (macro), Word processing, PowerPoint, Visio, Skypes and Outlook etc.
- Good proficiency of English, read and write, ideally one other Asian language such as Chinese