Accounts Assistant (2 years contract)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 11-Dec-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Performs clerical accounting procedures requiring familiarity with, and experience in, accounting office practices as well as knowledge of a variety of accounting classifications. Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers. Maintains vendor/customer accounts and performs the invoice/billing process.
- Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Processes transactions such as disbursements, expense vouchers, cash receipts, etc.
- Enters data into financial system.
- Prepares reports to validate transactions.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Investigates questionable or irreconcilable differences and reports these issue to the appropriate individual.
- May participate in various accounting projects as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Must have the ability to convey financial information to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of Financial software systems.