1. Purpose:To establish and define the functional and operational responsibilities of the Accounts Receivable Accountant.
2.1 This job description will establish and define, but will not be limited to certain functional and operational responsibilities the individual is to effectively accomplish.
2.2 The employee’s job performance shall be measured, in part, against the degree of conformance to the responsibilities established by this job description and the effective accomplishments of those responsibilities.
3. Functional Responsibilities:
3.1 Administer and Maintain all aspects of accounts receivable process., including but not limited to the following:
3.1.1 Bank deposits.
3.1.2 Entering cash receipts.
3.1.3 Preparing cash and accounts receivable related journal entries.
3.1.4 Reconciling AR subsidiary ledger.
3.1.5 Manage tax invoice and perform monthly filling of invoices hard copy.
3.2 AR management.
3.2.1 Prepare AR related management report and send to relevant departments.
3.2.2 Review and analyze aged receivable reports and system information to determine priority of sales contacts.
3.2.3 Perform follow-up action on a timely basis to ensure customer commitments are met.
3.3 Strictly follow the internal control policies and procedures.
3.4 Others assigned by finance manager
4. Essential Functions:
4.1 The Accounts Receivable Accountant must be able to perform the duties of the job.
4.1.1 Associates degree in accounting.
4.1.2 Minimum of two years experience in real estate accounting.
4.1.3 Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft computer software (Excel, Word and Outlook).
4.1.4 Knowledge of property management accounting systems, especially MRI, Mysoft.
4.1.5 Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills with the ability to access and communicate information effectively.
4.1.6 Ability to travel between floors and buildings in order to effectively communicate all functions of position.
4.1.7 Ability to understand and communicate in English, both verbally and written.
Note: Some of the data specified on this job description is general in nature while other is more specific. As systems, technology, processes and needs change it may be necessary to update and/or revise this description.
Skills and Experiences:
• Two years experience in accounting.
• Relevant educational background from accredit universities
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently. Reliable, consistently meets deadlines, follows through on all assignments with minimal direction.
• Ability to operate computer system and effectively input and download pertinent information.
• Ability to and has sufficient knowledge of computer software currently utilized by the Company.
• Must have good Excel skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate in written English.
• Ability to effectively listen to co-workers and respond to their requests.
• Effectively manages multiple tasks, multiple demands and competing priorities.
• Ability to travel between office, project site, and various government bodies to manage local accounting, taxation issues as well as satisfying ad hoc government requests.