APAC Commercial Lead
Date published: 5-Nov-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for all output associated with Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) including but not limited to annual budget preparation, monthly forecasts, strategic planning, management reporting, and special projects:
- for a platform support team or teams supporting a platform leader;or for a region or line of business supporting a regional or Line of Business leader; or for a client supporting a Client Account leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages one or all of the following: budgeting process, forecasting process, strategic planning process, and standard management reporting. Establishes overall departmental priorities and ensures that all deadlines are met. Supervises finance staff including training and managing job performance.
- Reviews and approves balance sheet account analysis, statement of cash flows and supporting schedules and standard consolidated reporting packs. Reviews and approves certain PeopleSoft and HFM monthly journal entries.
- Directs other special financial and business studies and other duties as assigned by management. Produces a variety of routine and ad hoc financial reports, packages and pro forma analyses for senior management and planning unit.
- Coordinates research, development and preparation of accounting policy and procedures, as required.
- Manages special projects and prepares presentations for senior management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field. Requires a minimum of six years related experience to include at least three years in a lead or supervisory capacity. Public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or MBA (graduate degree) preferred, but not required (depending on experience).
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to effectively interact with management, employees, auditors, etc. and respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects. Fosters an environment of team-building and an open door policy.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. This position conducts complex financial/business analysis, including the preparation of complex reports. Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), concepts. SEC reporting experience desired (depending on the specific finance role).
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).