At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
CBRE’s Real Estate Accounting Services team offers responsive, innovative and customized accounting services to 3,500 clients, and 85,000 tenants, representing more than 1 billion square feet of commercial real estate at 12,000 properties. We provide accounting and financial reporting services, with standard global control policies, procedures and integrated solutions that maximize portfolio insights for our clients.
Due to continued growth, we offer an exciting opportunity for a AP Accountant, with strong Japanese language capability to join our team in Kuala Lumpur. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for a broad range of Accounts Payable activities and enjoy regional exposure with career enhancing opportunities.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GROW AND PROGRESS IN THIS ROLE BY:
- Being responsible for the functions of Accounts Payable – processing Vendor Invoices
- Enter Supplier Invoices from vendors
- Ensure that vendor invoices are supported with an attached construction completion report / purchase order / service contract
- Highlight any invoices dated earlier than completion date and put invoices on hold for any non-compliance of the Company policy
- Ensure that vendor details on MRI match that on Vendor invoice, including bank account details (if applicable), registered company name, address
- Ensure that vendor invoices submitted for payment have necessary approval signatures & addressed to the correct entity name / property name
- Ensure that description of service / goods on vendor invoice matches against PO / Service Contract.
- Liaise with property managers / clients regarding invoices requiring verification / querying
- Assist in payment runs – generating Payment Vouchers, updating invoice status, uploading system-generated payment files in shared folder
- Prepare payment slip for manual payment and submit to Treasury department
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Advanced level Japanese
- Business Level English
- Advanced Excel Skills. (VLOOKUP, SUMIF, INT, etc.)
- People management experience preferred
- Office application skill including Word and Outlook
- 2years’ experience in similar position preferred
- Previous experience using large-scale application software packages
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team player and able to promote team work among the team
- Engaged and committed to continual process improvement
- Previous experience in Real Estate business advantageous